Wednesday 25 December 2019

Christmas Joy and Cheer!

I hope you are all doing well, and that you are having a wonderful family time this festive Season. Christmas is one of my favourite times, even though this year is the first one without mum - so you feel that pain within you - but the Peace and Joy it brings in all environments is amazing in itself!

To wish you all a lot of beautiful things for this Christmas Day and the coming year, I am sharing with you a Christmas card I did for one of my Sisters - I just love how it turned out!

I did not want to use traditional colours for this one, and I chose a main of brown shades - then I added some olive green touches; as it is the the recipient's favourite color.






One might not associate these colours to go well together, but it is a very beautiful combination; it looks really cool in real life! Not even I thought I would like them together. 

I used quite some dies here, from some tag dies, to a JOY word, including the nativity scene, and some leave die, the one I used as a base of grass and leaves. This I embossed with Distress ink for added dimension. 




I cut the JOY word for three times, to add thickness and dimension. Later on I decided to cut one out of brown cardstock and cut out the Nativity scene figures for some more interest. The papers I used are mostly Pion Design - from the Long Time Ago in Bethlehem collection. 




Another detail photo for you, the Betlehem houses can be seen here, used as a background for my scene - together with paper doilies, stamped background, rhinestones, brads, etc.



Wishing you the very best my friend. Thank you for being here and for sharing my crafting journey. It is such a wonderful way to spread love with a handmade card - cause one dedicates time, resources, creativity, and adding a personal touch that you know the recipient will love means that you are attentive to the person's personality. That also means love! 

Happy Christmas. May Christ finds a warm place in your heart to stay. Sending you love!





Challenges: 



Die Cutting Divas Challenge - 3 Stars, 2 Die cut tags and 1Bow 


Shopping Our Stash - Celebrating Christmas

Everybody Art Challenge  - Winter landscape or Christmas colours




8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Religious Christmas cards are my favourite! I hope you & all your love ones had a Very Merry Christmas. Wishing you a blessed, safe & happy new year! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noelene dear xxx Wishing you back all the best this coming year!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done. Thank you for joining in with my anything goes challenge at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with our final challenge of 2019. Good luck! Happy New Year!
    Ally's Angels DT-Mariann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and so much lovely dimension, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really super design and a great background scene along with some lovely dies. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great colors and beautifully done card!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Commissioned Birthday card

Hi dear crafty friends. Today I'd like to share with you a masculine card I did for a friend of mine who asked for a Birthday card for h...